Ten short films by ten different directors = One terrible film
I watched it because I'm an opera buff, but I'm hard pressed to pick out the segment I hated the most. Opera seemed to inspire the directors to have naked women running about. I've seen student films that were more engaging. And why was King Zog played by a woman?* Methinks he wouldn't've been too happy about that had he been around to complain. The heavy-handedness was astounding.
1. attempted assasination
2. car crash/death
3. naked girls and muscle men
4. couples having sex - comic version
5. couple having sex
6. asylum inmates at the opera
7. couple having sex/suicide
8. car crash/near death
9. couple frolic in surf
* The sound track wasn't even an opera with a trouser role.
**I deeply resent the fact that I could see John Hurt's underpants through his Pagliacci costume, which appeared to be cheap acetate.
posted by - 10:02 PM