Some people feel a recent T Linden blogpost somehow was insulting to long-time residents. The quote was, "Our primary goal is to make Second Life more welcoming for new Residents..." That didn't make me feel insulted at all. Here's the way I look at it:
- LL wants SL to be very, very big
- LL is doing what they feel is necessary to make SL become big
- SL currently appeals to niche-users
- If LL pleases us SL won't become big (or it would be big now)
- LL wants to make SL very big
- Current customers want improvements in the status quo
- Those last two points are incompatible.
And there's something else, too.
* I'm trying to talk myself into letting go a little, or I will wind up letting go totally.
posted by - 6:47 PM