1.38.1 is on its way out bearing:
- Script Memory Reporting enabled for Viewer 2.0 Beta viewers.
- View the script memory used on a parcel from the Script Info button in About Land: General tab. Parcel owners will be able to see per object details.
- View the script memory used by your attachments from the Script Info button in Appearance when modifying your avatar.
- New LSL Features
: llGetLinkPrimitiveParams(integer link, list params):
- Similar to llGetPrimitiveParams except works for any prim in the link set and with no script delay.
: llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(integer link, list params):
- Identical to llSetLinkPrimitiveParams except with no script delay.
- Set and get the floating text of primitives with ll*PrimitiveParams functions.
- Similar to llSetTextureAnim except works for any prim in the link set.
- Similar to llParticleSystem except works for any prim in the link set.
One day we'll get the mono fix, but until then there's a lot that can be done. Will people do it? I think we need education. Your average SLer with her 200 prim hair with a script in every prim, 200 prim shoes with a script in every prim, bling, ao, five huds all with multiple functions, scripted cat ears, collar, and god knows what else, just wears what she likes - and a lot of those things can be made much more efficient.
I do take it personally, as we were beaten to unholy hell at a number of live performances, when the show might just as well've not gone on at all. The TD and so on would drop to nothing every so often and even crossing the stage - opening the curtain - changing - anything - was impossible. If it hit at a particularly bad time the act was ruined. When it happened a number of times in a row the show was ruined.
It's hard to function in a small crowd now, harder than it was a couple of years ago. That's due to a few things (including copybot paranoia causing merchants to release no-mod accessories heavily scripted to resize and tint) but I hope the ones we can control from this side get addressed. It used to be a matter of common sense that one tried to be prim-thrifty, and yes, highly detailed things look better, but it comes with a cost.
Ugh, sorry - ranty.
posted by - 12:10 AM
Although it makes more and more sense to leave live shows behind and simply do machinima, I really enjoyed the excitement and unpredictability of the live performances; all things change ...
to paraphrase dolly parton, i don't wear any more scripts and prims than other avatars, i just wear them all at once!