Someone's forum post about a dog reminded me of a husky at school that became very ill from, we thought, salmon poisoning. Although he had an owner that person was not interested in doing anything for the dog, so the adults at school got together to try to help it. It had crawled under a building, but I think Wayne, the maintenance man, somehow got him out. I said I would give him a home. The others gave me all the dogfood they had been buying (the owner didn't buy food for the dog). A vet was enlisted to treat the dog, which was a beautiful and intelligent animal. I drove him to the office, and the vet told me it could possibly be salmon poisoning but was more likely parvo. The vet was kindness itself and was doing this for free.
That night the dog became much worse, and - well, never mind the details. I sadly rang the vet and took the dog to the office to be euthanised. Upon pulling in the parking lot the dog wagged his tail in anticipation of seeing the kind veterinarian.
Labels: Dept of :(
posted by - 9:31 PM